Club Jervis Bay has a long and proud history within the Community of Huskisson echoed in the Club’s vision of today “Always Essential within the Community”.
It all began 1947 when the Huskisson RSL Sub-Branch was formed. In 1949 President Aub Rees donated land on the waterfront and a small shack was built. In 1957 the Huskisson RSL became a Registered Licensed Club, and in 1958 the Club purchased the land it stands on today.
In 1959 the Club became a Limited Liability Company, and in 1960 the new Club opened, built off the back of a huge number of voluntary hours donated by the then members of the Club. In 1961 the Huskisson RSL Sub-Branch was officially opened by Dr F P Ryan, President of the Shoalhaven Shire Council.
Over the years the Club has evolved, renewed, and even changed its name in 2013 to Club Jervis Bay, but the sentiment remains the same. It is a meeting place, a community place, a place for friendship and comraderies, where everyone is welcome and where life time friendships are made.